Sunday, April 24, 2011

New (or Old) Look on His Death!

First off today is Easter. That is exciting. My wife and I were talking and I realized that I am such a theological nut! I love talking, discussing, debating, and just finding out new things that I never realized before. So...makes a perfect spot to just tell what I am finding out. I found this out a long time ago but it is just so awesome. Here comes an absurd statement but just keep reading because I just like the shock factor.

Jesus died for two words and I am saved for it.

The fact is that Jesus was a High Priest and by the order of Melchizedek. Now this Melchizedek guy was the real stuff. Abraham even gave a tenth to this guy, and on top of that He was a king.(this is why I said wealthy) Melchizedek was not from the tribe of Levi so he was not entitled to the plunder that Abraham gave him. Then Jesus becomes King and High Priest. This is going to be a problem for the pharisees because now Jesus is not only a King/Priest, but a priest by the order of Melchizedek. (Hebrews 6:20-8)

Now Jesus is a King/Priest from a order where Abraham would tithe to! The pharisees could possibly deal with this, but Jesus kept preaching. Then Jesus says "I AM". Then the pharisees decide to kill him. (John 8:58-59, John 19:7)

Then He was crucified. This always brought a new meaning for me to the sign King of the Jews above his head. This is why Pilate washes his hands of this and is sure that the people knew what they were doing. The people did not want to see that He was King, but Pilate was made sure that they knew. (John 19:19-22)
He would not be responsible for killing the King of the Jews.

When this was happening soldiers began to cast lots for his clothes. These were seamless garments, and this is important. Only the High Priest had these garments. Jesus was not only the Priest and King but had the evidence to show it. They were not bidding for some new clothes but they were casting lots for power and power through Melchizedek kingship. (John 19:23-24)

In summary a King said "I AM".

Well this was fun! I think I will do more of these. My wife is almost home from working at Life Kids and then we need to go grocery shopping to get stuff for an Easter dinner! I am so excited for this.
Nick Hughes


God died a few days ago, but today He is risen. When God died He opened the veil between us and Him. This "Man" laid his life for us. All because of this...three things have come to be. He has defeated sin, death, and secured our eternal life. Sin has no more chains, death no longer has a sting. I know that I will be with my Savior when He calls. Praise be to God for the life He has given.

No comments:

Post a Comment