Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Search me, Lord

A verse that has really been sticking out to me lately is Psalm 139:23-24,

"Search me, God, and know my heart; 
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
   and lead me in the way everlasting. "


God knows what is in our hearts better than we do. He knows our weaknesses and our faults. Sometimes it is scary for me to honestly say "Search me, God, and know my heart." I guess I'm afraid of what he might find.

The Bible says that God cares so much about us that he knows the number of hairs on our heads. Isn't that amazing? God knows all of the good, bad, and just plain dumb things that we have done and he STILL loves us! This week my prayer is going to be to bodly ask God to search my heart and point out the "offenses" that are on my heart that I need to change. Some of them I may not be able to change, but He can.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment